1 Lunch & 1 Dinner
4 Star Hotel
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-32 Tags: 5-Days, Beijing, Destination Trip, Private Journey
Uncover the local delights of Beijing’s hutongs. Travel by rickshaw to gain an insight into the communities that live here. Explore the expansive and impressive Summer Palace with its temples, landscaped gardens and central lake. Walk along a quieter section of the Great Wall of China, and marvel at the enormity of this historical wonder.
On arrival in Beijing, be transferred to your hotel. Stay the next four nights at Novotel Beijing Xinqiao (or similar).
On a full day tour, walk through Beijing’s heart, Tiananmen Square. Built on Mao Zedong’s orders it is said to be the world’s largest public square, holding over one million people during military parades and again in 1976 following Mao’s death.From here you pass through the impressive Gate of Heavenly Peace under the famous portrait of Mao to visit the Forbidden City. This is China’s largest and best-preserved cluster of ancient buildings, offering a fascinating insight into the sophistication of ancient China and the extraordinary power of the emperors. Next explore the ancient backstreets of Beijing’s hutongs by rickshaw. These traditional alleyways of communal courtyard living are fast disappearing from Beijing’s landscape due to the city’s rush towards modernity and soaring property values. Catch close-up glimpses of local life, explore a produce market, enjoy a simple lunch inside a local family home, and absorb the atmosphere of another era.
On a half day tour, experience the lively early morning atmosphere at the park surrounding the Temple of Heaven, where locals gather to practise calligraphy, Tai Chi, traditional dance and opera.Travel to the Summer Palace which is filled with temples, pavilions, gardens and decorated corridors. Spend time wandering through the grounds of this vast royal garden. This evening, enjoy a tasty Peking duck dinner – a must do while in Beijing.
Beijing – Great Wall of China
Enjoy a full day tour of China’s most famous attraction – the Great Wall. Travel to Mutianyu, a less crowded section of the wall, considered one of the most spectacular with numerous guard towers and stirring views.The Mutianyu section dates from the Ming Dynasty and was built upon an earlier Northern Qi dynasty conception. Take the cable car up to the wall and take some time to explore this site at your own pace. Admire the panoramic views and reflect on the enormity of the material and labour required for its construction.
Check-out of the hotel before being transferred to the airport.
Novotel Beijing Xinqiao
- Room Category
- 4 Nights
A stay at Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao places you in the heart of Beijing, within a 5-minute drive of National Museum of China and Wangfujing Street. This 4-star hotel is 1.2 mi (2 km) from Tiananmen Square and 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from Qianmen Street. Make yourself at home in one of the 700 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and minibars.
- 4 Nights in the 4-StarNovotel Beijing Xin Qiao or similar
- Daily Breakfast
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- Beijing Forbidden City & Hutong full day tour
- Temple of Heaven & Summer Palace half day tour
- Peking Duck Dinner
- Beijing Great Wall at Mutianyu full day tour
- Return airport transfers to accommodation
- Entrance fees ,Local English-speaking guide
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here