Self Drive Tour
Boutique Style Hotels
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-198 Tags: 8-Days, Italy, Private Journey, Self-Drive Tour
Explore the beauty of Sicily from the comfort of your own car while staying in authentic boutique style hotels. Learn all about sicilan wine and get a taste of some of the finest wines the island has to offer. Follow the paths of the Corleones and experience real italian culture in one of the most amazing locations of the world.
Catania Arrival – Taormina
Arrival at Catania airport and drive to the first roundtrip hotel in Taormina area (Alcantara Resort).
Taormina Discovery with Wine Tasting
Visit of the Etna Natural Park with its spectacular craters. Wine tasting in Linguaglossa area. Visit of Taormina, pearl of the Mediterranean, and its historical centre. Possibility to visit the Ancient theatre. Overnight in Taormina area (Alcantara Resort).
Taormina – Palermo
Visit to the city of Cefalù. In the center of the charming old town is the Norman cathedral (Corso Ruggero), inside there are large, colorful mosaics. Overnight in Palermo area (Villa Dafne).
Taormina – Palermo
Visit of the city of Palermo; the capital and the only metropolis in Sicily. Many foreign peoples have left their mark on Palermo in the course of history, and so you will find a true open-air museum waiting to be discovered. Overnight in Palermo area (Villa Dafne).
Palermo – Trapani with Wine Tasting
Visit of the city of Trapani, known for salt and sailing, is located opposite the Egadi Islands. Wine tasting in hotel. Overnight in Trapani area (Baglio Soria).
Trapani – Agrigento
Visit to the Valle dei Templi of Agrigento. The unique Greek temples are among the best preserved in the world. The magnificent buildings of the ancient city of Akragas rise up on a hill that can be seen from afar. Overnight in the Agrigento area (Alba Palace Hotel).
Agrigento – Syracuse
Visit of Syracuse and the impressive archaeological park. Visit of the Ear of Dionysus and the amphitheatre, which the Romans built in the 1st century AD. Visit of the cathedral square with its baroque palaces and the island of Ortigia. Overnight in Syracuse area (Parco delle Fontane).
Syracuse – Catania – Departure
Breakfast in hotel. Drive to Catania airport. End of the journey.
Day 1 and 2
Day 3 and 4
Alba Palace Hotel
Parco delle Fontane
- 7 nights in described Hotel Category or similar
- Daily Breakfast for 2 Persons
- Wine tasting in top cellar in Etna Area
- Wine tasting in top cellar in Trapani Area
- Suggested self-guided itineraries per day
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Car Rental (tour is based on your own car)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here