1 Lunch and 9 Dinners
3 Star Hotels & lodges
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-129-1 Tags: 15-Days, Destination Trip, Madagascar, Private Journey
The amazing Tsingy in Bemaraha National Park. The Baobabs Avenue and the wildlife of Kirindy Reserve. Enjoy Nosy Be and the island of Nosy Iranja.
Arrival - Antananarivo
Pick up from the airport and transfer to your hotel for an overnight on bed and breakfast.
After a nice breakfast in the hotel we drive south on the Road National 7. Rice fields and typical villages of the highlands draw the landscape right after Antananarivo. We stop in Ambatolampy to discover the amazing work of aluminum to make cooking pots. We take lunch in town. Continue towards Antsirabe in the afternoon.
DAY 3 & 4
Antsirabe to Morondava
Half-day to discover by rickshaw, the Malagasy craftsmen. We visit the small factories of model toys, local sweets, sculptures made from the zebu horn. Lunch in town. Drive to the west towards the village of Miandrivazo for an overnight. The day after, drive to the coast at Morondava. Relax at the hotel in the afternoon.
This short stage leads us, via the famous Alley des Baobabs, to the Kirindy Reserve, formerly called the Swiss Forest. Lunch on site and visit of the reserve in the late afternoon and evening to observe the nocturnal lemurs and, if you are lucky, the Fossa, the biggest predator of Madagascar. Overnight near the reserve.
A few hours in the reserve for wildlife photos before driving to Belo/Tsiribihina. This is a bumpy and dusty road! Cross the river by ferry. Lunch in the village and then on to Bekopaka where we cross the Manambolo River, again by a small ferry. We are here at the entrance of the park.
DAY 7 & 8
The Tsingy of Bemaraha
This is one of the most extraordinary sites! Tsingy are cathedrals of limestone, this dense network of faults, cracks and blocks of limestone carved in blades is one of the most spectacular landscapes of Madagascar. The formation of this massif during the middle Jurassic period began some 200 million years ago, when the sea still covered this region of Bemaraha. Then this immense plate of corals and shells rose above sea level and has been exposed since five million years, allowing rain and erosion to make extraordinary sculptures. We take the time to discover by pirogue, the cliffs and their tombs along the Manambolo River.
Bekopaka – Morondava
Drive back to Morondava. The 200 km track should take us just before sunset to the Avenue des Baobabs. At the right time, with the sun at a low point, slanted lights, and the smooth tree trunks reflect the orange rays of the sun. Perfect time to take spectacular photos. We reach Morondava, and we checkin our hotel by the sea.
Morondava – Antananarivo
Return by plane to Tana. Depending on the flight schedule, we will spend the morning in Morondava visiting the fishing village of Betania or in Tana for some shopping at the artisanal market and a tour of the old town. Overnight at the hotel. NB – the program for this day will depend on the domestic flight schedule.
Domestic flight to Nosy Be. Depending on the flight schedule, we will spend the morning in Tana visiting Ambohimanga, the Blue Hill or in Nosy Be by the sea. In Nosy Be, You will be driven to Mount Passot, the highest point of the island for the sunset. Overnight at the resort. NB – the program for this day will depend on the domestic flight schedule.
DAY 12, 13 & 14
Days at leisure. Several activities are available from your hotel reception. We suggest you to visit Hellville and its market. The Ylang Ylang Distillery and its botanical garden. A sea trip by motor boat or catamaran to Nosy Komba and Nosy Tanikely where you can go snorkeling. Diving with one of the many dive clubs in Tanikely. Not to be missed: A day at the superb island of Nosy Iranja.
Nosy Be – Tana
After breakfast, transfer to Fascene Airport of Nosy Be for a domestic flight to the capital. Reception at the airport and assistance for your outbound flight. (B) NB – the program for this day will depend on the domestic flight schedule.
- Private tour
- 14 nights accommodation in hotels/ lodge
- English-speaking guide
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Domestic flight(s) in Y class
- Park entrances fees + local guide in the park
- Unlimited mineral water in the car
- Meals as indicated
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here