3-4 Star Hotels
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-34 Tags: 11-Days, Destination Trip, Hiroshima, Japan, Kyoto, Private Journey
Learn about a monk’s lifestyle with a stay in a Shukubo temple lodge, one of the original temples atop Mt Koya. Wander the pathway through the Fushimi Inari, a shrine dedicated to the gods of rice and sake by the Hata family. Enjoy dining on famous oysters and a glass of chilled white wine on the tranquil island of Miyajima.
Arrival in Osaka
On arrival in Osaka, meet your local representative who will assist you with your hotel transfer.
Explore Osaka CIty
Meet with your concierge to gain valuable insider knowledge so you can explore Osaka independently. Uncover the culinary delights of Osaka with a tour of its Dotombori area. Wander a neon-lit street and sample intriguing local dishes and snacks.
Osaka to Mt Koya
Check-out of your hotel and travel by train, cable car and local bus to Mt Koya to your Shukubo (temple stay). Check-in to your basic yet clean lodgings. Relax and experience the temple, its lifestyle and Buddhism. Enjoy a tasty vegetarian dinner.
Mt Koya to Kyoto
Rise early to listen to the monks chanting, an enlightening experience. Following breakfast, travel to Kyoto. The rest of the day is free to explore Kyoto’s shops and nightlife. Enjoy a night walking tour to explore the world of the Geisha and Kyoto’s famed Gion entertainment district.
Kyoto and Nara
Meet with your concierge to gain valuable insider knowledge so you can explore Kyoto independently. Travel to Nara. Visit the World Heritage listed 8th century Kasuga-taisha shrine, the most famous and beautiful Shinto shrine in Nara which features 3,000 antique stone and bronze lanterns. Continue on foot to the stunning Todaiji Temple, one of Japan’s most famous and historically significant temples. Travel by train back to Kyoto and enjoy an afternoon at leisure. On your last day in Kyoto, spend time exploring independently.
Visit the breathtaking mountain complex of Fushimi Inari. Sample sake and choose to experience a calligraphy, ikebana, origami class or a tea ceremony.
Kyoto to Hiroshima
Travel to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Memorial Museum. See the Peace Memorial Park, a cenotaph honouring Hiroshima bomb victims, and the eerie A-Bomb Dome. Take the fast ferry to the tranquil island of Miyajima which is home to the Itsukushima Shrine and its famous red ‘torii’ gate. Dine on local oysters and white wine before returning to Hiroshima.
Hiroshima to Osaka
Travel back to Osaka by train and enjoy the rest of your time free at leisure.
Enjoy free time until your departure transfer.
Day 1, 2 and 10
Cross Hotel Osaka
Day 4,5,6 and 7
Day 8 and 9
Royal Park Hotel Kyoto
Mitsui Garden Hiroshima
- Nine Nights Hotel accommdation
- One-night basic temple accommodation
- Daily Breakfast and one dinner
- Seven-day rail pass and day trains
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- Concierge service (Days 2 & 5)
- Tailored welcome kit
- Luggage forwarding service
- Touring and entrance fees
- Local English-speaking guides
- Return transfer
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here