2 Lunches and 1 Dinner
5 Star Hotels
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-144 Tags: 8-Days, Bespoke Tour, Laos, Private Journey
Learn more about Laos‘ contemporary art scene from young artists in Vientiane. Enjoy a private dinner in a rice paddy. Discover the hidden treasures of Luang Prabang during an exclusive tour.
Arrival -Welcome to Vientiane
On arrival in Laos’ capital you will be welcomed by your private tour guide. After a short rest and refreshment at your charming hotel Settha Palace meet with your guide again for a brief tour introduction as you enjoy a sunset cocktail at a scenic spot overlooking the Mekong River.
Laid back and relaxed, Vientiane is easily explored. Visit the major sights of the capital starting with Wat Si Saket, famous for its cloister walls housing thousands of Buddha images. Then, visit the Royal Temple of Wat Prakeo followed by the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and the Patuxai Victory Gate. Next head on to see the iconic Golden Pha That Luang Stupa, deemed as the most important national monument in Laos. In the afternoon, visit the M Gallery, a venue showcasing the evolving scene of Laos Contemporary Art. Meet with one the renowned Lao artists exhibiting their collections for a private tour of the gallery.
Vientiane to Vang Vieng
After breakfast drive to Vang Vieng. The drive time is around 3.5 hours and along the way you will stop at a local market as well as a fishing village for a quick look around. Later, check in at your hotel located on the bank of the Nam Song River, you will discover Vang Vieng’s beautiful rural surroundings that appear like a scene from an old Asian silk painting. Stroll along the riverside, cross the famous suspension bridge and explore Tam Chan cave, followed by a stunning Sunset Hot Air Balloon Ride. Experience the thrill of seeing the surrounding limestone karsts carved by the mighty Mekong River from a birds eye perspective. See untouched jungles and fields of crops while the people underneath gleefully wave as you pass by. Overnight at the Riverside Boutique Hotel.
Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang
Continue your journey to Luang Prabang with several stops along the way to explore local caves and authentic Hmong mountain villages. Upon arrival in Luang Prabang check into your pool villa at the Sofitel Hotel, where you will spend the next four nights. In the evening discover Lao cuisine in a private setting surrounded with vibrant rice paddies and watch an almost theatrical demonstration as your private chef cooks your traditional lao dinner.
Luang Prabang Discovery
Today, meet Mr. Francis Engelmann, a writer and an independent consultant who has been working closely with UNESCO over the past 10 years. He will guide you through the fascinating heritage of Colonial and Laotian architecture hidden in Luang Prabang and teach you about its history. Walk around secret alleyways and charming streets unknown to the usual tourists. Enjoy a fresh coconut before your guide will continue the tour and show you around the city’s major landmark temples Wat Visoun, Wat Aham, and Wat Xien Thong. What better way to end the day than by visiting a traditional Lao home to take part in a Baci, a sacred ceremony performed to give blessings for good health and luck!
Flavours of Laos
Wake up before dawn to observe a long standing sacred Lao tradition and Buddhist ritual “Tak Bat” known as Almsgiving. After breakfast at the hotel meet with a famous local chef SomSak to discover the secrets of Lao Cuisine. Chef SomSak will take you on a tour around the local open-air morning market to source your ingredients for cooking. Learn the tips and tricks behind traditional Lao cooking and afterwards enjoy the delicious lunch that you have prepared. At 14:00 board the iMekong boat for your private trip upstream along the Mekong River to the sacred Pak Ou caves. Along the way stop at Ban Muang Keo – a village that is well known for its local production of rice whisky as well as for weaving silk textiles on traditional looms. After your discovery of the Pak Ou caves, crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues, continue downstream relaxing and enjoying the sunset with traditional canapés and sparkling wine.
Mandalao Elephant Experience
Through its long history, Laos used to be called “Lane Xang”, which can be translated to “The Land of a Million Elephants” Today you will meet some of the remaining 700 animals at the Mandalao Elephant Conservation Centre – one of the leading projects that offers an intimate non-riding experience focused on education and elephant welfare. The tour will give you an in-depth introduction into elephant behaviour and communication. You will meet the elephants within a natural setting by the river and enjoy a spa like bathing experience with them. Afterwards you will go on a trek together passing beautiful Lao gardens before exploring the jungle covered Huay Nok stream. A traditional Lao lunch will be served in banana leaves in the jungle and you will visit the hidden waterfall Tad Kuang Song to take a cool refreshing dip. Walk through a Khmu village and see local life and observe carefully as the mahouts demonstrate how they communicate with their elephants. Use what you have learned to try the same before moving back to the feeding grounds and the elephants’ night-time resting area.
Luang Prabang - Departure
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before transferring to the airport for your onward / return journey.
- Deluxe Room
- Day 1 and 2
In the heart of bustling Vientiane stands a remarkable hotel. Built in the early part of the last century, circa 1932, and painstakingly restored to its former imperial glory, the Settha Palace Hotel serves as a testament to the long lost era of classical elegance, gracious service and French colonial charm.
Riverside Boutique Hotel
- Vang Vieng
- Classic Room
- Day 3
Ideally located on the bank of the Nam Song River, multi-award winning Riverside Boutique Resort is a luxury hotel with charm and character. It is laid out around one of the most inviting swimming pools to be found in Laos, and offers stunning views of the surrounding forest-clad limestone mountains.
- Luang Prabang
- Pool Villa
- Day 4, 5, 6 and 7
Discover timeless elegance in a sophisticated setting, where local heritage and French art de vivre unite to give travellers the quintessential Sofitel experience. This elegant and spacious offering from Sofitel is simply the best luxury hotel in Luang Prabang. Its selection of immaculately decorated suites and villas is perfectly suited to business and leisure travellers alike, with the exquisite balance of style, comfort and convenience that guests around the world have come to expect from Sofitel.
- 7 nights 5 Star luxury accommodation
- Transport in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
- Private Touring
- Entrance fees
- Local English-speaking guide
- Return airport transfers
- Meals as mentioned
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here