1 Lunch & 3 Dinners
3 Star Hotels
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-190-1 Tags: 6-Days, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Culinary Tour, Private Journey, Thailand
Eat your way through Thailand’s most iconic dishes. Visit Ayutthaya and its historic ruins. Take a boat ride on the canals of Bangkok while eating traditional snacks. Discover mystic Chiang Mai and its food scene.
On arrival in Bangkok, be transferred to your hotel. This evening, Ride a Tuk Tuk to Tipsamai Restaurant to taste some of Thailand’s delicious local cuisine.
Start the day with a visit to the stunning Grand Palace, a national landmark and the most iconic royal landmark in Thailand. Here you can visit the various buildings that were used for different occasions – the Funeral Palace, the Reception Palace, the Throne Hall, the Coronation Hall, the Royal Guest House, and the mysterious Emerald Buddha, the most revered Buddha image in Thailand. Continue to visit Wat Pho, one of the largest temple complexes in the city. The temple is famed for its giant reclining Buddha that is 46 metres long, covered in gold leaf. This afternoon, travel by tuk tuk to Bang Rak where you will taste some of Bangkok’s famous street food.
Drive to Ayutthaya to visit the historic ruins of this former capital of Thailand. Explore the remaining temples and royal ground of the Great Kingdom by bicycle such as Wat Mahathat, Wat Phra Si Sanpetch and Wat Mongkolborphit. Enjoy tasting some of Ayutthaya’s famous dishes such as their Grilled River Prawns and Tom Yam Goong. This afternoon, learn how to create your very own Roti Saimai (Cotton Candy) before returning to your hotel.
Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Enjoy breakfast before begin transferred to the airport for your flight to Chiang Mai. On arrival, be transferred to your hotel. This evening, enjoy a traditional Khantoke Dinner at Old Chiang Mai Cultural Centre.
Today, you will visit three unique temples of Chiang Mai. Visit Wat Umong, also known as the “Tunnel Temple”, due to its location in the forest and its system of tunnels. Enjoy the serene and peaceful atmosphere of the 13th century forest temple near Doi Suthep Mountain. Then continue to Wat Phalat which is nestled in the forest just a few kilometers down the road from Doi Suthep. There are no crowds, no shops or food stalls, and no unwanted distractions as it is known as the “Secret Temple”. Then visit visit Wat Prathat Doi Suthep, the most revered temple of Northern Thailand. This evening, enjoy sampling some of Chiang Mai’s authentic dishes including Khao Soi, a famous delicious curry that originates from Northern Thailand.
Chaing Mai Departure
Meet the driver and be transferred to Chiang Mai Airport for your onward flight.
- 5 nights 3 stars hotel accommodation
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Touring
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance Fees (except camera fees)
- Return airport transfers to accommodation
- Meals as indicated
- Domestic Flight
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here