4 Lunches & 5 Dinners
According to the program
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-60 Tags: 12-Days, Destination Trip, Georgia, Private Journey
Go hiking in the Greater and Lower Caucasus Mountains. Get thrilled during a Bike Tour to Ananuri Fortress. Enjoy glamping near Chaukhi Mount.
Arrival in Tbilisi
Arrival in Tbilisi. Transfer to your hotel in walking distance from the Old Town. Check-in after 15:00h. Time at leisure.
Meet your Guide at the hotel and start walking tour in Tbilisi: Metekhi Church, Sulphur Bath district, Sioni Church, Anchiskhati Church, Betlemi district. Take cable car to Narikala Fortress and enjoy the view over the city. End of the tour walk to your hotel or take Metro or bus back to your hotel depending on location. In the afternoon time at leisure.
Tbilisi - Bazaleti Lake - Ananuri – Stepantsminda
Transfer to Bazaleti Lake, where you will take your bikes and ride towards Ananuri Fortress with English speaking biking guide. After a small ascent 300 meter elevation up, have a long descent (elevation 1000 meter) till Ananuri Castle (approx. 4 hours, 30km). Visit Ananuri Fortress and continue to drive by car towards Gudauri Ski Resort and along the Cross Pass to the town of Stepantsminda. Stepantsminda is famous for the Mt. Kazbek (5047m). According to ancient Greek Legend, Prometheus was enamored here. On arrival check-in hotel in Stepantsminda. Time at leisure. Dinner at the hotel.
Stepantsminda - Gergeti - Kaz bek Glacier - Stepantsminda
Meet your local hiking guide at the hotel. HHike up to Gergeti Maonastery built below the peak of Mt Kazbek (470m, approx. 2 hours). Then continue hiking towards the glacier, enjoy the view from view point of Betlemi Cross (additional 550m, approx. 2 hours). Back to Stepantsminda on the same way (1020m, approx. 3 hours). Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Stepantsminda.
Stepantsminda - Juta Village
Transfer by local Jeep to the Village Juta. From there hike towards splendid Mt. Chaukhi (400m, approx. 3-3.5 hours). In the afternoon enjoy time at leisure. Today you will stay in Zeta Camp, in a cottage or glamping sorrounded by beautiful nature.
Juta Village - Truso Valley - Natakhtari
Transfer from Juta Village to the Village Kobi. Walking tour from Kvemo Okrokana Village to the ruins of Zakagori Fortress with your local guide 400m, approx. 3-3.5 hours). Follow the road by the river – you will pass several abandoned houses and eventually enter beautiful Kasari Canyon. Then cross a bridge to the other side of the river and discover the first travertines, formed by local mineral springs. The ones here are mostly orange and white. Transfer to Natakhtari Village and check-in your hotel for today. Note: if operating, you can also take a cable car from Kobi Village to Gudauri and your driver will pick you up in Gudauri (cable car tickets are not included in our package).
Natakhtari - Uplistsikhe - Borjomi
After check-out drive to visit Uplistsikhe Cave Town near Gori, built back in the 1st millennium, BC by pagan tribes. Uplistsikhe served, over the centuries, as a place for both, residential purposes and as a pagan rituals site. The functional aspects of the city are still clearly visible in its remains, including an ancient theater, the hall of pagan rituals, wine-cellars, a bazaar, caves of different sizes for local dwellers, then continue to drive to Borjomi Spa Town. Walk through Borjomi City Park to Sulphur Bath and back. Check-in hotel in Borjomi. Dinner and night.
Borjomi - Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park - Vardzia
Short transfer to the visitors center of Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. Discover the beauty of the National Park, which was established in 1995 and territory-wise it is one of the largest protected areas in Europe, covering 7.6% of the whole territory of Georgia. The park is rich with flora and fauna, and is alos home ot many rare species, whch are included in the Georgian “Red Book”. First you follow a path through the forest. After 2 hours ascent you will reach a point with panoramic view (650m, approx. 4.5-5 hours). After steep descent transfer to the Village Vardzia. Check-in hotel in Vardzia, time at leisure. Dinner and night.
Vardzia - Tmogvi - Vardzia
In the morning hiking to Tmogvi Fortess (400m, 4 hours). Have a picnic-lunch on the way. Back to Vardzia Village enjoy some free time at the hotel. In the late afternoon visit the Cave Town. The town was founded in the 12th century during Queen Tamar’s reign, which is known in history as the Golden Age of Georgia. The Cave Town has several floors connected with numerous tunnels. Dinner and night at the hotel.
Vardzia - Tsalka - Tbilisi
Check-out. Drive to the capital city Tbilisi via Kvemo Kartli region, rich in Lakes. Have a stop in Tsalka visiting Dashbashi Canyon. Arrival in Tbilisi. Check in and free time.
Tbilisi - Manavi - Tbilisi
In the morning have a 2.5 hours walk from Marjanishvili Square along New Tiflis pedestrian street towards Dry Bridge Flea Market and then up the hill to the lower station of funicular. Ride funicular to the panoramic Mt. Mtatsminda and enjoy the view from there. Ride back and walk in Sololaki streets. Then 1 hour transfer to the wine region Kakheti, to the Village Manavi. Learn about the 8000 years of wine-making traditions in this region (UNESCO World Heritage and Guinness Book of Records). Have an excursion in the winery, wine-tasting and lunch with traditional dishes. Transfer back to Tbilisi. Time at leisure.
Check-out before 12:00 p.m. Transfer to the airport. End of service.
- Accommodation according to the program above
- Transportation according to the program on Days 1, 3, 6-12 (1-2 PAX car, 3-4 PAX in minivan, 5-10 PAX minibus); day 5 and 6 with local 4 WD car
- English speaking Cultural Guide on Days 2 and 11; local mountain guide on Days 4, 6 and 9.
- Bike tour on Day 3 with English speaking guide
- Meals: 11×Breakfast,3×Picnic-Lunch, 1×Lunch, 5×Dinner
- Entrance fees according to the program (in Museums local guides)
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here