Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-42 Tags: 4-Days, Cairo, City Explorer, Egypt, Private Journey
Visit Cairo – one of the world’s great mega cities and learn more about is rich history. Challenge your senses and explore its crazy hustle and bustle with your knowledgeable guide.
Arrival at Cairo
Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, a representative welcomes you and assists through the immigration process. Modern air-conditioned coaches transfer you to your hotel in Cairo. Your representative will ensure a smooth hotel check-in.
Visit to Pyramids, Sphinx, and the Egyptian museum
After breakfast at 09:00 start a guided tour to visit the great Pyramids of Giza (Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus), which were reckoned by the Greeks to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A single pyramid is built with 2.300.000 blocks, each weighing an average of two and a half tones. The Cheops Pyramid is more interesting, because its interior burial chambers are open for inspection by the public. Not far from the Pyramids is the Great Sphinx, which dates from the time of Chephren (2620 BC). Hewn from natural yellowish limestone and standing 65 feet-high and 187 feet-long, the statue combines the head of a Pharaoh with a lion’s body. A quick visit to papyrus institute or a perfume shop can be arranged after the visit. Lunch can be served at a local restaurant. Afterwards visit the Egyptian Museum that was established by the local government in 1835. The present museum building was built in 1900, in the new classical style by the French architect Marcel Dourgnon. The museum exhibited collections now exceed 120,000 objects ranges from pre-historic era to the Greco Roman period. It has 107 halls, and the ground floor houses huge statues. The upper floor houses small statues, jewels, Tutankhamen treasures. The museum also comprises of a photography section and large library. Back to the hotel and have time to refresh. In the evening transfer to enjoy a complimentary Sound and Light at the Pyramids: It is a magnificent show that brings creativity to life the rule of ancient Egyptians. The artists skilfully created a show to present images of all historical eras. For an hour, you enjoy the sound and light show near the pyramids and the Sphinx. The history is re-told by the Sphinx, telling you the most ancient secrets of the world. In the 21st century, you go back in time thousands of years ago to see how they were built and survived!
Visit to Moez street and Khan el Khalili
After breakfast , transfer from your hotel to start a guided tour to visit Moez street. Arrive at Bab al Futuh (Conquest Gate) which is one of three remaining gates in the walls of the old city of Cairo. It was finished in the year 1087 and faces north. You will start with El Hakim mosque, and continue walking through Moez street to visit El Sehemy house (Bayt el Sehemy) – an Islamic themed house and museum. I was originally built in 1648 by Abdel Wahab el Tablawy. In 1796 it was purchased by Sheikh Ahmed al-Suhaymi who greatly extended it, it is built around a sahn in the center of which there is a small garden with plants and palm trees. From here several of the fine mashrabiya windows in the house can be seen. Today the house is a museum which foreign visitors can tour, much of the marble floor work, wooden furniture, and ceiling decor is still intact. Walk for a few minutes to visit Madrasa and THE mosque of Az-Zaher Barquq, the complex was constructed in 1384-1386 CE (786 to 788 AH), with the dome added last. It was the first architectural facility built during the time of the Circassian (Burji) dynasty of Mamluk Sultanate. Continue to Moez street to visit Sultan Qalawun complex, built by Sultan al-Mansur Qalawun in 1284–1285. It includes a hospital (bimaristan), a madrasa and his mausoleum. It is widely regarded as one of the major monuments of Islamic Cairo and of Mamluk architecture, notable for the size and scope of its charitable operations as well as for the richness of its architecture. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. After lunch you can walk through Khan El Khalili bazaars, which is one of the most famous worldwide with its amazing narrow alleyways. The visitor can discover small workaday cafes where Egyptians & non-Egyptians come to smoke water pipes and enjoy some of the traditional Egyptian drinks in the cafes scattered around the area. Grab some souvenirs like jewelry , items made from copper, parquetry boxes, semi-precious stones, rugs, blown-glass dishes, and other beautiful things. Drive back to your hotel.
Final departure transfer after breakfast to Cairo airport. A representative will escort you until the check-in to your flight.
- Standard Room
- 3 Nights
Overlooking the River Nile, Ramses Hilton hotel is off Nile Corniche Road, one kilometer from central Cairo’s Tahrir Square. The hotel is adjacent to Ramses Mall and within two kilometers of the iconic Cairo Tower and the Egyptian Museum. Perks include a river-facing outdoor pool, our 24-hour casino, billiards hall, and fitness center complete with a sauna.
- 3 Nights in mentioned accommodation or similar
- Round trip transfer from / to the airport on private basis
- Private Full day guided tour to the Pyramids, Sphinx, and the Egyptian museum
- Private guided tour to Moez street and Khan el Khalili
- Sound and Light Show at the Pyramids
- Current entrance fees
- English speaking guide during tours
- Meals as indicated
- Entry visa to Egypt
- Entrance into any of the three Pyramids
- Domestic airfares
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here