The best travel adventure for those in search of Slovenia’s main natural & cultural sights. You can cover the suggested itinerary in a weekend or choose any three days of your choice. Discover the mystic underground of the Postojna Cave, most prominent karst cave in the world, with the Predjama Castle. Top Ljubljana Foods tour will take you through the old Ljubljana town. Slowly paced walk you will learn about the city and its most significant attractions while tasting local and national gastronomy. The perfect Getaway not only for the Weekend but also for a nice mid-week journey.
Arrival, hotel check-in, Top Ljubljana Foods Tour (Lunch)
Take a walk on the tasty side of Ljubljana and wander the streets and squares with stops to grab delicious bites. Learn about the story of Ljubljana, the people, its architecture, the history of Slovenians while enjoying local dishes.The Top Ljubljana Foods tour will take you through the old Ljubljana town. During a 3-4 hour guided, slowly paced walk you will learn about the city and its most significant attractions while tasting local and national gastronomy. Top Ljubljana Foods is definitely not your usual city tour. 9 traditional dishes from various Slovenian regions accompanied by 4 sorts of wine, while learning about the historical Ljubljana center and Slovenia in general. With your tummy full and armed with the knowledge of local traditions, cuisine, and history, you will definitely know where to go next and where to eat next. “Dober tek!”
MEETING POINT: in front of the Tourist Information Center (TIC), next to the Triple Bridge
START: 16:00 Hrs
DURATION: 3,5h – 4h
Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle from Ljubljana (Breakfast, Snacks)
The mystic underground of the Postojna Cave, most prominent karst cave in the world, with the Predjama Castle, listed among the Guinnes World Records as the largest cave castle.The guided tour of Postojna Cave will consist of a ride by electrical train and a walk through beautiful underground passages and chambers with spectacular drop stones, pillars, limestone curtains and other natural stone forms. Continue to the idyllic village of Predjama, where you will be amazed by our fairy tale medieval Predjama Castle, famous for its dramatic setting in the gaping mouth of a cavern halfway up a hillside. Learn about the legend of the knight Erasmus – ‘Slovenian Robin Hood’, and return back to Ljubljana in late afternoon hours.
13:30 Start of picking up in Ljubljana
15:00 Guided tour of Postojna cave
17:00 Guided tour of Predjama castle & Tasting of local spirits
19:00 Arrival back to Ljubljana
Please note that the order of sightseeing stops can change
Free in Ljubljana, departure (Breakfast)
- 2 Nights in described Hotel or similar
- Daily Breakfast for 2 Persons
- Top Ljubljana Foods Tour
- Half- Day Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle with local spirits tasting
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- Entrance fees in Euro and per Person payable on location: Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle: 35€
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here