3 Star Hotels
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-128-1 Tags: 8-Days, Culinary Tour, Laos, Private Journey
Swim in the waterfalls and visit a coffee farm in the highlands of the Bolaven Plateau. Take a jeep trip to an ethnic village with traditional bamboo houses. See the ancient temple ruins of Vat Phou. Explore the local coffee shops and meet with a young farmer and learn about noodle production before sampling your own. View the beautiful Kuang Si waterfalls and visit a rescue centre for Asiatic Black Bears. Engage in a plant scavenger hunt at the botanical gardens and prepare traditional dishes in a cooking class.
Pakse Arrival- Bolaven Plateau
On arrival at Pakse Airport, be transferred to the highlands of the Bolaven Plateau. On the way, stop by a local tea shop, and learn how the locals brew their tea. Afterwards, visit the stunning Tad Fane Waterfall before arriving at your resort.
Depart Pakson by Jeep on a 2 day adventure to the heart of the Bolaven Plateau. On the way stop by Tad Moun waterfalls for a swim before visiting MMC coffee farm.
After breakfast, visit a village of the Laven ethnic group, a lunch at the Tad Maihear Waterfalls. This afternoon visit the village of Souy, a village with traditional bamboo houses before driving to Champassak, the former royal capital of Laos.
This morning visit the Vat Phou ruins – the majestic pre-Angkorian 10th century temple complex. Visit the museum and learn how the ruins were formed. In the afternoon be transferred to Pakse Airport for your flight departure to Luang Prabang.
Starting from your hotel at 8:00, ride a tuk tuk to the morning market and explore the bustling streets and alleyways. Wat Mai (“New Monastery” built in 1796). After a short ride, we will arrive at Wat Xieng Thong. This is one of the most iconic temples of Laos. Visit Saffron Coffee shop, to learn about sustainable coffee farming and specialty brewing options.
Today you will visit a local Hmong farm and learn about the ancient methods of creating noodles. Take part in creating your own noodles and enjoy eating them for lunch. Afterwards, travel by car to Kuang Si Falls, which takes on a striking turquoise color in the dry season. We will then visit “Free the Bears”, a rescue center for Asiatic Black Bears. On the way back, we visit Ock Pop Tok weaving center. This afternoon journey by boat to the secluded Pha Tad Ke Botanical Garden, engage in a plant scavenger hunt where you will learn about medicinal plants and conservation efforts in Laos.
Start the morning with a visit to the local food market. Your guide will help you select fresh ingredients, produce, and meat to prepare your own authentic Laotian meal. Explore their cooking school where you will explore their organic garden and enjoy a cooking class under the guidance of a passionate Lao chef. Learn to prepare different traditional Lao and Luang Prabang dishes via hands-on experience. This evening, embark on a Sunset Cruise on the Mekong River.
Luang Prabang Departure
Enjoy a free day of leisure before being transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
- 7 nights 3 stars hotel accommodation
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Touring
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance Fees (except camera fees)
- Return airport transfers to accommodation
- Meals as indicated
- Cooking class
- Domestic flight
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here