6 Lunches & 3 Dinners
3 Star Hotels
Add to compare
SKU: IJFSPC-ALLCY-97 Tags: 11-Days, Destination Trip, Panama, Private Journey
Enjoy Bird watching, wildlife observation and dolphin watching. Relaxing at Caribbean islands, Indian culture and volcanos. Explore Panama City and the Canal.
Panama Airport - Burbayar Nature Reserve
Pick up from the Panama Airport PTY for the transfer to Burbayar Nature Reserve. The Burbayar bird list exceeds 300 species including specialties such as Sapayoa, Xenornis, Yellow-eared toucan, Rufouswinged and Sulphur-rumped tanagers and Plumbeous hawk. Depending on the arrival time a good birding session around the cabins can be expected. After dinner explore one of the inner trails in search of nocturnal species. Lodging at Burbayar.
Birding at Burbayar
Awake to the raucous call of the Howler monkeys and after a cup of coffee head out to the trails. Today you will explore the trails surrounding the lodge. Return to have breakfast in the company of the resident hummingbirds. The feeders around the main house currently host 10 different species of hummingbirds. Continue birding the surroundings during the high sun. Lunch and rest before starting for some exceptional birding. After dinner explore one of the inner trails to search for nocturnal species. Lodging at Burbayar.
Burbayar - San Blas/Guna Yala
Wake up before the crack of dawn and head to reserve’s outer trails. This morning you will look for more representative species of the area. After lunch, continue by car and boat to San Blas/Guna Yala, the Caribbean islands of stunning beauty. The Cabin is located between Coconut trees and surrounded by white sand and crystal clear water on an uninhabited Island smaller than a football field called Biridub. Lodging at Biridub.
San Blas/Guna Yala - Panama City
Visit the villages of the Guna Indians to learn about their fascinating culture and way of life, and you have the chance to enjoy the beauty of the island by swimming or snorkeling in the warm and crystal clear water. In the evening, drive to Panama City. Overnight at a hotel in Panama City.
Panama City and Canal Tour
This morning you will see the original ruins of Panama and the colonial city that replaced them in the 17th century. You will also visit the Museum of the Inter-Oceanic Canal that tells the story of the construction of the canal from start to finish. Take a break from touring for a lunch at Amador or Casco Antiguo. The final stop but by far the most amazing will be at the Miraflores Locks where you will experience the operation of the Panama Canal firsthand. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon. Dinner by your own. Overnight at hotel in Panama City.
Panama City - Valle de Antón in the Crater of the Volcano
El Valle of Anton is located at the center of an extinct volcano; possibly the biggest in Central America. This valley is 600 meters above sea level with impressive panoramic views and a cool and pleasant climate. You will visit El Macho Waterfall and the ancient petroglyphs. Then continue hiking to the edge of the crater to enjoy the spectacular view. After a picnic go to a zipline for a fantastic canopy between the treetops of the jungle. Overnight at a hotel in the Valley of Anton.
Valle de Anton - Boquete
Breakfast at the hotel and continue the trip towards the village of Boquete. Enjoy the afternoon of your vacation in the beautiful (and cooler) highlands; visit a coffee plantation where award-winning and internationally renowned coffee is produced. Overnight in a lodge in the village of Boquete.
Baru Volcano National Park
Today hike in a nature reserve that is part of the Baru Volcano National Park. Follow in the footsteps of the pre-Columbian Indians into a remote jungle that surrounds the Baru volcano. With more than 220 native bird species, including the hard-to-see quetzal, there are plenty of bird watching opportunities. During the hike, you also have many opportunities to spot mammals such as howler monkeys, capuchino monkeys, and two-toed sloths. Overnight in a lodge in the village of Boquete.
Boquete - Bocas del Toro
Breakfast at the hotel, followed by a crossing of a mountain range on the way to Bocas del Toro. This trip is a beautiful one, passing by mountains and breath-taking landscapes. After this journey, you will arrive at Almirante. Here you will embark towards Colon Island in Bocas del Toro. Arrive at Bocas del Toro after a 40-minute boat ride. The remainder of the day is free. Overnight in a hotel in Bocas del Toro.
Bocas del Toro
Depending on the weather and the season, visit by boat different locations inside the Isla Bastimentos National Marine Park. The park protects forests, mangroves, monkeys, sloths, caiman, crocodiles, and 28 species of amphibians and reptiles. Four species of sea turtles are nesting here from April through September. It is home to over 250 species of fish and marine mammals. Stop for snorkelling, wildlife observation or dolphin watching. Overnight in a hotel in Bocas del Toro.
Bocas del Toro - Airport PTY
Today take the plane back to Panama City airport where the trip ends.
- All transportations by air, sea and land
- All accommodations
- 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners
- English speaking tour guide
- All excursions as mentioned
- Park entrance fees
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here