Discover the filming locations and let yourself be enchanted by the unique atmosphere! You can either tour along both islands or choose the spots you are mainly interested in and of course add some addtional days. Exploring the locations alone is a lot of fun, but the guided tours have highlights to offer like original props, stories or background knowledge!
Arrival in Auckland
Pick up your rental car at Auckland Airport and start your journey through “Middle Earth” New Zealand. The particularly lush green landscape around the town of Matamata was used as a backdrop for the floodplain. Hobbiton was rebuilt for the shooting of “The Hobbit” and since then has also served as a tourist attraction. During a two-hour tour you will be shown the entire area. Afterwards you drive on to Rotorua.
- Rental car for 11 days (based on 24 hours)
- 11 nights at 3 star accommodation as per itinerary
- Daily Breakfast
- Ferry Tickets from Wellington to Picton (including car)
- Activities as per itinerary: -Hobbiton Movieset Tour -Admission Wai-o-Tapu -Admission Redwoods Treewalk at Night -Wellington Half Day Lord of the Rings Film Location Tour -Glenorchy Half Day Lord of the Rings 4x4 Safari
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Tourist tax (payment in the hotel)
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here