Wander the streets of Zagreb, the historical, cultural, artistic and musical centre of Croatia, walk around the unique natural wonder of Plitvice Lakes, charming in all seasons. Enjoy amazing views of the Julian Alps surrounding Bled and Bohinj, discover one of the most charming and friendliest European capitals. Explore the streets and main attractions of Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, from the beautiful historical old town, the Government Palace to the Cathedral and get to know some of the most representative Croatian dishes from various regions. Cross the border and continue to the lively Ljubljana and experience it on two wheels – by bike, travel underground and explore the mystic Slovenian Karst world, and of course, do not miss the famous Alpine jewel – the famous Lake Bled.
Arrival, hotel check-in, Zagreb Food Tour (Lunch)
SCHEDULE: All year round (Mon-Sat) 16:00
MEETING POINT: Ban Josip Jelačič Square
DURATION: 3,5h – 4h
Plitvice Lakes National Park & Rastoke (Breakfast)
Discover one of the oldest and largest national parks in Croatia. The unity and harmony of the 16 lakes here and their rare natural and cultural value is not only famous throughout Croatia but also worldwide; earning this remarkable national park a coveted place on UNESCO’s list of World Heritage sites. Arriving at Plitvice, you’ll walk through these ancient woodlands. The path takes us first across Gornja Jezera (Upper Lakes), a system of 12 lakes separated by travertine barriers. Wherever you are in Plitvice, it is easy to see why its travertine marble formations are such an extraordinary natural phenomenon. The barriers, sills, and other forms created in these lakes, the karst rivers and streams are still an ongoing process that shapes the wonderful landscapes. It is these same travertine formations that have and are still creating the numerous magnificent waterfalls here.
Summer Itinerary (1.4. – 31.10.) – Every day
08:30 Departure from Zagreb
10:00 Sightseeing Rastoke
11:30 Sightseeing of Plitvice lakes with a guide
16:00 Time for lunch in a local tavern
(19:30) 20:00 Arrival back to the hotel
MEETING POINT: Zagreb – pickup point will be determined based on your accommodation Location.
Ljubljana & Bled (Breakfast)
SCHEDULE: All year round
8:30 Pick up and departure from Zagreb
10:30 Arrival to Ljubljana, city tour and free time
13:45 Departure to Bled
14:30 Visit of Bled Lake, Castle and Island
17:30 Drop off in Ljubljana
Please note that the order of sightseeing stops can change
MEETING POINT: Zagreb – pickup point will be determined based on your accommodation location
Ljubljana Bike Cruise (Breakfast)
What a great way to explore Ljubljana – on wheels! Not only the main attractions, located in the pedestrian zone but a unique opportunity to cover a wider area without skipping the cozy stops where locals enjoy soaking up the city vibe. Hop on a comfortable fat-tire stylish beach cruiser bicycle and enjoy Ljubljana from a different perspective. Meet your guide in front of Hotel Cubo Ljubljana where bikes will be provided. The main advantage of exploring the lively capital on two wheels is the ability to see interesting places outside of the pedestrian city center, such as the beautiful Ljubljanica River embankments, abandoned military objects, and beautifully arranged lush green park areas. Cycling is easy and smooth on Ljubljana flat terrains. Cruise through the city’s hidden narrow streets, stop to see the major attractions, explore the Roman remains and architectural wonders scattered all over the city. Visit some of the most interesting districts of Ljubljana and have fun discovering different vibes as you wander the paths that only locals know about. For the cherry on top? We take you for a drink in the center to soak up Ljubljana’s vibrant atmosphere!
SCHEDULE: Summer season only – 1.5.-30.9.
11:00 Start of the tour
MEETING POINT: Ljubljana – in front of the Hotel Cubo
Skocjan Caves, Piran & Predjama Castle (Breakfast)
UNESCO karst attraction – the Skocjan Caves, the oldest and most notorious stud farm, known all over the world, and the picturesque coastal towns all wrapped up in one single fantastic tour. Discover the Slovenian coast and the Karst region. The first stop are the UNESCO listed Skocjan Caves, one of the largest and most fascinating karstic sites in Europe with the Reka River running 200 m below the surface. Next stop is at one of the local taverns for the famous Karst air-dried prosciutto tasting; we like to think it is one of the best prosciuttos in the world, accompanied with the local wine Teran – produced only in this region. Head on to for a short stop at Lipica, the homeland of the white Lipizzaner – famous horse of the Spanish riding school in Vienna. Pass the coastal towns of Koper, Izola and Portoroz and reach everyone’s favourite spot on the Slovenian coast – Piran. Get lost in its medieval narrow streets and houses, enjoy some free time over an exquisite seafood meal in one of the many local restaurants or cafes. One last photostop at Predjama Castle on the way to Ljubljana. Discover the secrets of the largest cave castle (Guinnes World Records!), located on a 123-meter high cliff, and learn about the local Robin Hood legendary knight Erazem.
SCHEDULE: Summer Itinerary (1.4.-31.10.) – Every day
8:30 Start of picking up in Ljubljana
10:00 Skocjan Caves
12:15 Prosciutto & wine tasting
13:15 Lipica stud farm photostop
18:00 Predjama castle photostop
19:00 Arrival back to Ljubljana
Please note that the order of sightseeing stops can change
MEETING POINT: Ljubljana – pickup point will be determined based on your accommodation location
Free in Ljubljana, departure (Breakfast)
- 5 Nights in described Hotel or similar
- Daily Breakfast for 2 Persons
- Zagreb Food Tour, Plitvice & Rastoke from Zagreb
- Ljubljana & Bled from Zagreb (Drop-off in Ljubljana)
- Skocjan Caves, Piran & Predjama Castle Tour
- Ljubljana bike cruise
- Welcome Package including a bottle of Slovenian wine.
- Any Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratitudes
- Any other meals than mentioned
- Entrance fees in Euro and per Person payable on location: Plitvice Lakes National Park: 11€ – 40€, Rastoke village: approx. 4€, Bled Castle: 13€, Pletna boat ride: 15€, Skocjan Caves16€ – 20€
- All pricing is reflected in EURO unless otherwise specifically denoted and is valid at time of publication but is subject to change.
- All prices are per person sharing a double room. Single and Triple room rates available upon request.
- ‘From’ prices represent land only and low season twin share prices (unless otherwise clearly stated).
- Unless otherwise stated, prices include all government levies and airport taxes as at the date of publication.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and subject to change by time booking.
- Private Travel prices are valid for travel during low season and will vary depending on date of travel.
- All Hotel Names stated in the tour itinerary may change to one of a similar Standard without prior notice..
- Some countries charge additional destination tax which are either per Person or per Night. These taxes can vary and must be paid directly at the location or hotel.
- Items listed under Booking Exclusions are NOT included in the price and must be paid directly at the location.
- All Tours are escorted by English-Speaking Guides unless otherwise mentioned.
- All Excursions are based on Join-In Capacity unless “Private Tour” is explicit mentioned. Private Tours are available upon request and with surcharges.
- Self-Drive Tours may not always include a car rental. Please check carefully the included and excluded box. Driver must be in posseion of an valid drivers license and for some countries an international license as well as a valid credit card.
- We will use our reasonable efforts to notify you of changes in prices.
- All our Insider Journeys itineraries as shown on our website and in our brochures will outline the relevant touring schedule and inclusions and will be priced accordingly to reflect this. Prices may vary based on the selected travel season and any individual amendments required.
- Even if the tours are requested as displayed, on occasion Insider Journeys may be required to impose surcharges depending on variables in the destinations outside of its control. Due to hotel availability in some destinations the accommodation stated in the itinerary may change to that of a similar standard. In light of recent worldwide events and due to the ever-changing current situation, there may also need to be more flexibility applied to the touring content and schedule in certain incidences and sometimes at short notice. Please note that we will always endeavour to keep the inclusions as close as possible to those shown and to notify you as best we can should such changes arise, although we appreciate your understanding in that this may not always be possible.
- For more detailed price and other booking information please visit the booking condtions page click here